Watched Be Cool today. Alone.
Jus felt like it lah. Then haf been waiting to watch the movie.
Well the movie theater was quite empty. Seriously, I could count the number of people there (4 others) before 6 others popped in midway between the ads.
Two single middle-aged people (of the opp sex), and one young couple.
Yes and I had time to think as well. (Advertisement time took eternity. AND they're raising prices. Prob to pay for dat 'sponsored' ad for the singaporean army huh? :P)
Oh well.
Thought of something I read somewhere. "Men are social creatures." (And women.)
Led me to think about school and work. You know how you always reminisce your schooldays? Like no matter how bad they are, they always harbour some... soft spots in your heart. And then you enter the workforce, u feel so... alone?
Sure both school and the workplace provide the backdrop for social interaction.
But. In school you have a common 'enemy' - your teachers with their incessant demands for results and horrendous homework. In the workplace you're basically forced to cohabit with your competitors. Sure you have your superiors to answer to, and subordinates to manipulate with. But can you find any true 'allies'? Can you make true friends in the workplace, and even if you can, what happens when there is a conflict of interest, eg when you're competing for the same project/honours?
I'm not saying its not possible to find worthy friends in the workplace of course.
But my limited experience in working (in the medical centre - its not even 'real' work) has already shown me the... intricate politics that can take place in a, well, workplace.
I've even got quite good at it, u know. Currying favour (from everyone) without appearing to do so; 'smoking' ur clients, basically beating around a thick bougainvillea bush hoping they'd get lost in there; assuring superiors you're better than you really are.
I also find myself putting on, no, showing, rather, a side of myself I don't show outside work. Its like this... professional side, you know?
Its like you don't mix work with leisure?
Is it just me?
(OK I know I took army too seriously. But I mean generally, in the working world.)
Anyways.
Blog getting too long. And that was the gist of my thoughts in that 10 mins or so of advert time anyways.
Oh. Be Cool's quite nice lah. Its got the pre-requisite babe (Uma's HOT!!! Can't imagine she's 41!!!) and beefcakes (Lots of 'em). And a pretty decent storyline. Though I'd prefer more double-crossing and weird coincidences like Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. Luuurved that movie.
So yeah. Worth your $6.50 (on a weekday afternoon, for now).
Next up on my to-watch list - The Pacifier.
Can't forget that scene - LAND!!!!!!!!
;)
Wednesday, April 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment