Realise I'm pretty chinese at heart. Its like no matter how messed up my chinese is (and it prob is very) I'll still use it as my preferred means of communication with most of my pals. I mean, I guess I can be pretty much at home with English, and can even fake an accent or two... but I don't know... it seems like Chinese just acts that little more intimacy in a conversation, esp with your close friends?
And its not just the usage of Chinese as a language. All the Chinese customs, food, culture... all that I can't leave behind.
I need to have regular contact with friends who are more 'traditional' in their outlook towards life, to stay grounded.
That's prob why I'm gonna come back after my studies. And why my mum insisted she wanted me to be born here in Singapore. (I was 'conceptualised' in England. Prob would haf turned out quite different if i was born there.)
Ah well. Had a great time today. Thanks babe! :)
Friday, April 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment