Sunday, April 24, 2005

Jus heard Britney Spear's "Do Something" again on the radio. Got reminded of the mtv.
It's just wrong I tell you. Her promoters/managers/whoever's manipulating her wardrobe, image and G-strings behind the scenes.
You know the gradual transition from innocent teeny-bopper to grown-up sexpot? I think its so damn wrong.
If I were a conspiracy theorist I would say those people are subverting young girls' minds by firstly drawing them to her, then when they've got them hooked line and sinker they lead them on, unsuspectingly, towards an amoral lifestyle where sex appeal and slick dance moves rule over actual success in society.
But I'm not. So I'll just say that this... all-too-common trend of meta-morphing images for pop idols isn't morally correct. It probably Is necessary for pop idols to extend their appeal to new demographics with each new album, as well as to 'grow up' with their core group of fans.
It still is not correct.

No comments: