Monday, October 24, 2005

Don't know if you can get this in Singapore, but Yeo's Chilli Sauce with Garlic is damn nice. Its like hainanese chicken rice's chilli, but thicker, and more savoury. You can use it as a marinade - my chilli chicken - or use it as, well, chilli sauce. Goes damn well with cross lettuce. Yep tried eating cross lettuce today, raw, with just chilli sauce. To neutralise a little funny taste the leaves have. The stems are just.. crunchy. Yeah, just crunchy, and with that subtle sweetness a herbivore would understand and appreciate. Well, omnivores who know their veggies, too.
Oh I baked a cottage pie today!!! Mashed potato layer lacked a little taste 'cause I used skimmed milk (I only buy skimmed milk here) but yeah. Mince beef layer was good.
Shared the pie with two other lucky flatmates who happened to be watching tv in the kitchen.
Hence the need for fibre now.

No comments: