Monday, July 01, 2013

Movie scene

So I started people-watching while having a meal alone in this restaurant. Three tables adjacent to mine were occupied by three middle-aged individuals - the business executive, blackberry in hand, typing out emails in between courses; the lone lady, ipad in hand, enjoying her meal in solitude, and this 50-ish male I couldn't quite place. He had headphones in during his meal (white, connected to his ipod), a tablet of some sort (an ipad, I presume), and with his rimless spectacles, checkered shirt, manicured hairless head and quiet demeanor seemed like he could be some advertising exec, or architect, or similar.
All seemed superficially at ease with having a meal alone.

And then I went to watch despicable me 2, alone.

I suppose I could get used to this, being alone, in a large city. (OK so Manchester isn't exactly large, but still)

Well I'd better start getting used to it anyway.

No comments: