Sunday, April 13, 2008

Earning Some Spare Cash.

As you might have noticed, I've added a link on the right, which leads you to ipoints, one of those websites where you earn points for shopping, gambling and doing other assorted evil deeds which contribute to global warming, bad karma and holes in pockets.

It's free to join, and I get 80p apparently for each person that joins using the link, so I'd appreciate if you can sacrifice a little of your karma for my monetary gain.

But seriously, I'm a not-so-proud member of the site and I've got 100 quid worth of amazon vouchers from my usual profligate spending and betting1 (it's always the betting and gambling websites which offer the most points, money being the ultimate evil as we all know) and clicking through to websites offering instant riches (which you don't have to sign up to, a bonus in itself), so it's not so bad, really.

And seriously, I'm really very curious as to how much money I can actually get out of posting a link on my website, so I'll update you if and when I get any spare income from it. I promise you a treat (chocolate bar, unfortunately that's all I'd be able to afford from your clicking) when I get the good news, if I do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 No I'm not a problem gambler, for those of you who might be aghast to know that I indulge in a little bit of karma-flipping once in a while. And if you really must know, I haven't lost any money playing on those websites, though I must admit it takes a lot of discipline to stop while you're ahead2. Please don't try if you're not one to gamble, though.
2 It's like that succulent stick of satay you see walking past the hawker centre every day - do you succumb to the temptation and order 20, knowing that every bite increases your risk of getting colon cancer, or do you enjoy it once in a while with lots of cucumber (ask for more lah, it's free anyway) and hope for the best?

No comments: