Monday, February 11, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year!

Finally, my year (and yours, probably) has come again. Time to rule the world (financially, as it states on some horoscope thingy) and make mayhem!

On a more serious note, my mum and sis packed some 2 bags of CNY goodies, bubble-wrapped and all, for my dad to bring over on Tuesday, and I just collected it over the weekend. Now I know I might probably sound like some ego-maniacal smug guy who thinks he has it all but I'm really glad I have such a wonderful family (the bags almost filled the entire suitcase my dad brought along, honestly), and I think (anticipate, rather) getting fat on such love simply has to be worth it. I mean, I don't know if it's partially because the CNY goodies industry has blossomed in the past few years, but even the humble green pea biscuit tastes so delicious!

You can come up with all the cliches about familial love you want, but words alone can't adequately describe the the warm fuzzy feeling you get, when you're luxuriating in the nice warm tropical climate1, tea tarik in one hand, CNY goodies in another (and much more within close reach of course2).


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1My mum packed in a humidifier in December, when she came over, and I've quite a good strong heater in my room.
2Detailed inventory of stuff I have now:
1. Green Pea Biscuits
2. Modified love letters (they're sort of tinier)
3. Mixed assortment of biscuits (Smaller amounts, can't really describe them)
4. Coffee almond biscuits
5. Mini popiah filled with hae bi hiam - someone enlighten me on what it's called, can't remember the name!!
6. Pineapple tarts
7. Bah Kwa
8. Spicy pork floss
Yes, 1 box/container of each.

No comments: