Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Knew I'd lose you right from the start
Yet I let you go
Ill-fated, temporary state of mind
Playing tricks on our passionate souls.


Slept too much today. Don't know whether I was too tired, stressed, or both, fell asleep straight after dinner till now. Such... naps are really bad for you, in my opinion.

Made me think. Recollect. Old disjointed memories I did not want to recall.

You know, I may seem like such a happy (though yes, Serious with a capital S) person, and indeed I am, relatively, now, but not so long ago I was this... totally different person. On the surface I've never changed, but underneath it all, I've sorta undergone a major overhaul of my congenital structure.

Which basically means I've changed lah.

Don't know whether it is for the better. I guess in some ways, my thought processes have degenerated to that similar of 1800s samurais. The passion they had in their work; the code of honor they sought to uphold; even their disregard for women's rights.

Yes incidentally The Last Samurai is one of my favourite movies.

But anyways. Back to my memories. And the prose that came to my mind (at the top) jus now. Why did I let her go? Why did I even let myself get emotionally attached - and yes I would call it love - to her, when I knew I wouldn't be here in Singapore next year? Why do I even want to experience it again when I have less than a year left here in Singapore??

Bittersweet memories I'd rather not recall; incoherent thoughts I'd give all not to have. Sigh.

No comments: